Low carb snacks can be confusing at first. It seems like everything adds up to a ton of carbohydrates and, well, it does if you don’t choose your foods wisely. Below is a listed of my 5 favorite low carb snacks that you can easily fit into your ketogenic lifestyle:
- Eggs. I know what you’re thinking, eggs are not a snack but they’re delicious, fast and easy to prepare, and you can eat them a ton of different ways. I like to keep a few hard boiled eggs on hand for when I get hangry (when you’re so hungry you become angry). This helps keep me committed to low carb!
- Nuts. Nuts are my favorites but they add up quickly to it is of the upmost importance that you measure them before eating. Cashews are much higher in carbs than macadamia or Brazil nuts so they may be better suited for you.
- Cucumbers. These are su per refreshing if you slice them and freeze them in the summer months. Put them in your glass of water for an extra kick of flavor in your water.
- Bacon. Bacon is amazing and you can even make bacon chips and use them to dip in guacamole.
- Pork rinds. Also a nice chip substitute and they come in many flavors!